Friday, 5 July 2013

Me and My Fiance Luke's Story - The Perfect Proposal! - (Picture Heavy!)

Hey everyone,
 
So, today I thought I'd do something a bit different and tell you a bit about my relationship, engagement and perfect proposal! I am newly engaged, my wonderful Fiance Luke proposed on Sunday 28th April 2013 and I couldn't be happier! :)
 
If there are such things as soul mates, Luke is 100% my soul mate. We get on so well and I know everyone says it, but we've been though a lot and we always come out stronger. We had been together for five years on the 12th of May this year and we have spent pretty much every single day together since then.
 
I love him with all my heart and he literally is the perfect partner, we enjoy the same things (we both love football, there's something you didn't know about me!), we laugh so much every single day, I often have to lock myself in the toilet to get away from him because he makes me laugh so much, I think I might throw up, haha.
 
I just love spending time with him, I really should see my friends more but we sort of come as a pair, we don't like being apart from each other at all. I trust him completely and he treats me way better than I deserve (I can be pretty grumpy and he just puts up with it)!
 
So, here's a little insight into our lives together over the past five years! I'll show you some pictures of us through the years first! :)
 
 
I was 15 in this picture and it was one of the first pictures we took together :) Back when Luke had his septum pierced and long hair!

 
Just before prom, obviously he wasn't attending, I went dateless to prom, haha.
 
 
One of our friends building a snowman in the background, a surprise snow day in October :)
 
 
Luke's long hair gone! Both wearing false eyelashes on one eye...just because.
 
 
I think I was about 18 here, on our way shopping :)
 
 
Mum and Dad's 25th wedding anniversary :)
 
 
I was 17 here, just before I threw a house party for a friend's 18th.

 
Looking very happy...I was 16/17 in this one!
 
 
The tattoo he got as a surprise for our three year anniversary!

 
At a family friend's wedding, I was about 18 here.

 
We love our beanies, I am 20 in this one :)

 
 I was 17 here I think, before going out for a friend's 18th.
 

 
These two were taken on a recent trip to London to get some new underwear from Victoria's Secret, I love it there!
 
So, that was the last picture taken of us before Luke proposed!
A few days before I had this caricature done for a surprise present for Luke and we both love it so much!
 
So, down to the proposal! :)
 
We decided we wanted to get engaged about a year ago, and we said we'd do it when we got to around the five year mark. I am stupidly controlling so I had to have a say on the ring, so I told him what I wanted and he got one custom made, I knew most of the things about the diamond and everything, as we were looking online together but there were no pictures so I had no idea what it would look like, I also had no idea when it would arrive!
 
So, at 2am on a Sunday morning, I heard him creeping out of my room, I sleep lightly so I was awake instantly and asked him what he was doing, "can't sleep, going to watch some tv downstairs" was his reply, I thought nothing of it as he does this sometimes. Next thing I know he's back upstairs, telling me he's had an idea and he's going to make me something and I need to come look in about 15 minutes, I was half asleep and I said to him "Luke its the middle of the night, I don't want to see something you've made out of beer tops or whatever, it can wait until the morning, can't it?". "No, its really good, I'll come get you in 15 minutes" he said, at this point I probably grunted something in response and fell back to sleep.
 
Then he comes back upstairs to come get me to look at this surprise, so I followed him downstairs and I was wearing a bright pink vest top, a pair of girl boxers, I had a sleep mask sitting on top of my head and a mouth guard in to stop me from grinding my teeth, haha. Literally couldn't have been at a more unattractive time! I smelt burning and I thought he had set the house on fire, but I was still half asleep stumbling down the stairs.
 
I came into my living room and it was dimly lit and I could see all these cards that he had put hung on a piece of string from one side of the room to the other and on each card was a couple of little rhyming sentences about how he felt about me or our relationship, it was really sweet and I thought that was the surprise!
 
 
Here's what they looked like :)
 
I was reading through them and they were so lovely and so personal! Then I got to the last card and this is what it said:
 
 
At this point I was like, what is going on? He told me he isn't getting the ring for weeks? Everytime I see these pictures, I can't stop smiling and I like to just read the notes over and over :)
 
Then, he said "go out into the kitchen" and there on the floor was this:
 

 
I could not believe it and I'm welling up as I type this because it was just the most magical moment of my life and I was shaking all over and just so excited and happy.
 
Then he got down on one knee, reached into my medicine cabinet draw and pulled out the box, the box containing the most beautiful ring I have ever seen and he said 'will you marry me, baby?" and I choked out a gasp and said yes and hugged him as hard as I could, forgetting to even put the ring on!
 
Then I said "I think you need to put the ring on my finger, now" and next thing I know my Mum is running downstairs and we are all hugging and I have never ever been happier. It was the perfect proposal and was a complete surprise. He put a lot of effort into it and I have actually made him pretend to propose to me all over again a few times as I just loved it so much, haha.
 
I still cannot stop staring at my beautiful ring.
 


 
It is the perfect ring and I love it SO much. I cannot wait to start planning out wedding, we already have our little wedding planner organiser, kindly given to as an engagement present from one of my best friends and her fiance.
 
I am truely so happy and I credit all my happiness to my wonderful Fiance, Luke. He is perfect and I could not ask for any more in a person. I have loved him for five years and I will continue to love him for the rest of my life :)
 
 
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Emily :) x


11 comments:

  1. this is honestly one of the cutest things i have EVER read!!

    you're a very lucky girl. :)

    life-of-libby.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really am so lucky :) xxx

      Delete
  2. That is such a cute proposal! Congratulations on your engagement!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was so cute and such a surprise! :D Thank you! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. You are both very lucky to have each other. Congratulations on your engagement, and I wish you the very best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous ring and a very sweet proposal. I love the sentiment there was there rather than having to spend a lot of money. I'm very happy for you :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy with the ring, it is perfect! He is the sweetest and the proposal was such a surprise, I just loved it! Thank you so much :) xxx

      Delete
  5. This is the cutest thing ive ever read! Congrats! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much :D We are very, very happy :) xxx

      Delete
  6. have just come across your proposal story doll....what an absolute cutie!! he definitely sounds like a keeper.
    belated congratulations
    XOXO
    http://sparkle-bug.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete