Thursday, 1 August 2013

Six of My Summer Essentials!

Hey everyone,
 
Its boiling hot outside and I want to show you six of my summer essentials that have helped me get through this heatwave, besides my factor 50 of course.
 
 
Here's just a small selection of items that I think are perfect for summer and products I have been reaching for a lot more when the sun has got his hat on.
 
 
So, the product I probably reach for most throughout the day. It is the ultrasun ultralip lip balm that I actually won in a competition a few months back. Its the most hydrating, moisturising lip balm I have ever owned and I get chapped lips a lot so I have owned many! It retails at around £6 which is quite expensive for just an ordinary lip balm but I love it and will definitely be repurchasing. The one I have has a medium SPF of 15, but there is another version which has a high SPF of 30, perfect for the summer!

 
I reviewed this HERE recently and I absolutely love it. It smells gorgeous, its purse friendly at only £4.99 a bottle and it gives you lovely soft skin without the stickiness of a regular moisturiser. Its so light it sinks into the skin completely in seconds. I think this is a perfect summer product because you might need a more intense moisturiser in the winter months. There are three different versions of this, I chose 'Essential Moisture' but you can also get 'Cocoa Radiant' and 'Aloe Fresh', which I will definitely be trying :)
 
 
This is the Bourjois Cream Blush in '03 Rose Tender'. I bought this after seeing some rave reviews on other blogs and I am definitely hopping on the bandwagon with this one, its such a lovely blusher. When its hot and I really don't want my skin to feel heavy with powders, I just use my fingers to apply this and it gives a lovely healthy glow. It just gives the most natural looking flush of colour and blends so easily. These retail at £7.99.

 
These cooling mist sprays are amazing, I only discovered them this year after receiving them in beauty boxes. This one I got in a Glossybox and is the anatomicals 'spray misty for me' facial spritz, it retails at £6 but its definitely money well spent. Just one spray and you instantly start to cool down, I will definitely be buying more of these cooling sprays, I love them!

 
When it comes to getting a tan, It just doesn't happen for me and I'm fine with that, I like to embrace my ghostly skin. Bronzers are essential for me year round, but in summer they make very regular appearances in my makeup routines, they give me a little bit of colour, perfect for that subtle sunkissed look. The one I have picked above is the Bourjois Bronzing Powder in 'Peaux claires / medianes 51'....we'll just stick to '51' I think. It is perfect for my skintone, has a lovely velvety texture and looks great on, well done Bourjois! It also looks and smells like chocolate, instant winner for me! These retail at £6.99 and are worth every penny.
 
 
Last and definitely not least is the gorgeous No7 Sheer Temptation lipstick in 'Cuckoo Coral'. Coral is definitely the 'in colour' recently and its probably my favourite shade to wear on my lips. I have never tried a No7 lipstick, but as I walked past the stand this caught my eye and I knew I had to get it. I absolutely love the colour and even though it is sheer it is still pigmented. It is super hydrating and really does last well, I will definitely be repurchasing this when this one runs out and also getting some of the other shades too. This retails at £9.50.
 
Here's some swatches of the cream blush, the bronzer and the lipstick. I don't know why its not facing the right way but I've tried everything and it won't upload any other way than this way, but you can still see, you just have to tilt your head to read what is what! 
 
 
 Thanks for reading!
 
Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a bundle of 16 makeup items including Essie, Benfit, Dainty Doll and Bourjois HERE :)
 
Have you tried any of these products?
 
Emily :) x
 



 
 
 
 
 


22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is lovely! So easy to blend :) xxx

      Delete
  2. The chocolate bronzer is amazing! The packaging is lovely too :) x

    www.AvneeshnKaren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great product! Definitely something everyone needs to try :D xxx

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting those blushes, and the chocolate bronzer looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells delicious! The blushes are so worth trying :) xxx

      Delete
  4. My god the chocolate bronzer seems amazing, I want to try it!
    Lovely choices my dear! Have a nice day
    (¯`·._.·Nymphashion·._.·´¯)
    (¯`·._.·Nymphashion FB·._.·´¯)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is lovely :) Thank you, you too :D xxx

      Delete
  5. Been loving Bourois Cream Blushers! I've got the Vaseline Spray & Go in Cocoa but want this one too!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so nice aren't they?! Yes, I want to try the others too :D xxx

      Delete
  6. I've been loving me some bronzer this summer. That No7 lippie looks so pretty! Just started following you. xx

    http://ferdies-place.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, its an absolute must! The lipstick is gorgeous on application, I will definitely have to do a post on it! Thank you :D I'm following you too, love the look of your blog, can't wait to read more of your posts :) xxx

      Delete
  7. Lovely post my friend! I like these summer essentials a lot. Chic!

    xoxo;
    Into The Blush, a Beauty Blog by Kenny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The good quality of your pics show the care you take for your blog! Amazing! ♥

    Would you like to follow each other?
    --> then comment on my blog

    :)

    http://yarensa.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only tried the spray moisturizer and I personally love it! It has made my morning routine so much easier!

    Amanda of www.brokeandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agree with you, its so quick and easy :D I love it too! xxx

      Delete
  10. That Bourjois blush is so pretty!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I NEED to try the Vaseline Spray & Gos! They sound so amazing, and such a good idea xx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you definitely do! They are amazing, so quick and simple and smell great too :D xxx

      Delete